Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Tricia Helfer, Paul Campbell, and Sadie Robertson to Star in New Hallmark Movie "Sun, Sand & Romance"


Hallmark Press Release:

PRODUCTION BEGINS
IN CANCUN, MEXICO ON
‘SUN, SAND & ROMANCE’
HALLMARK CHANNEL NEW,
ORIGINAL MOVIE STARRING
TRICIA HELFER AND PAUL CAMPBELL

Part of the Network’s Annual
“Summer Nights” Programming Event

“Duck Dynasty’s” Sadie Robertson Also Stars
Tricia Helfer and Paul Campbell images via - Hallmark Crown Media Family Networks
Sadie Robertson image via: newswire.com


STUDIO CITY, CA – June 15, 2017 – Production has begun on “Sun, Sand & Romance,” reuniting “Battlestar Galactica” castmates Tricia Helfer (“Lucifer,” “Suits”) and Paul Campbell (“Knightrider”). Shooting on location in Cancun, Mexico, the movie will premiere during Hallmark Channel’s annual “Summer Nights” programming event, featuring four new, original movie premieres celebrating the fun of the season. “Duck Dynasty’s” Sadie Robertson also stars.

Kate (Helfer), a driven accounting executive, heads to Cancun with her boyfriend Eric, an equally ambitious land development executive, for some much-needed rest and relaxation. But the getaway they agreed would be 90 percent romance and just 10 percent work becomes anything but that. Upon arrival, Eric learns a prominent real estate developer is a guest in their resort. Wanting to seize the opportunity for potential business, Eric chases this new venture and leaves Kate to her own devices time and again. Luckily, Shep (Campbell), the resort’s activities director, is an old friend of Kate’s from her camp counselor days and more than willing to help fill her solo hours with fun and adventure. As the old friends spend more time together and reconnect, Kate is reminded of dreams she used to have and finds herself wondering if it’s time to change course.

“We are thrilled to film in Cancun, Mexico. The location mixed with the talents of Tricia Helfer, Paul Campbell and Sadie Robertson will be a sunny combination our audience will love,” said Michelle Vicary, Executive Vice President, Programming and Network Publicity, Crown Media Family Networks.

“Sun, Sand & Romance” is a Crown Media Production. Stan Spry serves as executive producer. Anthony Fankhauser is co-executive producer. Mark Rosman directs. Writers are Jennifer Barrow & Rich Tabach and Gregg Rossen & Brian Sawyer.

ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 88 million homes. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as “Good Witch,” “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Kitten Bowl” and “Hero Dog Awards”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including “Countdown to Christmas,” “Countdown to Valentine’s Day,” “Summer Nights,” “Fall Harvest” and “Winterfest.” Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls,” “The Middle,” “Last Man Standing” and “Frasier.”

Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.


(--- End of Press Release ---)


My *Quick* Take:

I'm ecstatic to see Paul Campbell return to make a new Hallmark movie! It's been too long since we have had his comedic genius grace our TV screens! Like many of you, I first took notice of Paul when he starred in "Window Wonderland" - and no matter the movie, his character always shines. I remember loving him just as much as Gridley in "Surprised by Love." So, it goes without saying that I cannot wait to see him in this new one!

Tricia Helfer was wonderful in last year's Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Christmas movie drama "Operation Christmas" and past Christmas movies "Mistletoe over Manhattan" and "Finding Christmas." I will look forward to seeing her as Paul's opposite in this romantic comedy!

Sadie Robertson is just as sweet as she can be! She's like the All-American girl with her Duck Dynasty roots... and grounded deeply in her faith. Sadie also starred alongside two popular Hallmark stars - Melissa Joan Hart and Jesse Metcalfe, in 'God's Not Dead 2.' I cannot wait to see her, as well, in this new Hallmark movie. I hope this will be the beginning to many more!!!

"Sun, Sand & Romance" sounds like the perfect title for a Hallmark Movie right in the midst of "Summer Nights!"

Here are a couple set pics, via social media...

image via: instagram

image via: instagram

Please share your thoughts in comments below!

24 comments:

  1. So excited. Paul Campbell is one of my favorite Hallmark actors. This is a must watch. "Summer Nights" is shaping up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! Hope this means we will see Paul Campbell in more Hallmark movies after this! (Maybe Christmas!!!) :)

      Delete
  2. Sun, Sand, & Romance

    The movie is association with the beach resort, beach volleyball, sand, & ocean

    Sun, Sand, & Romance as referred to Suntan Beach & Romance or Sunset Beach & Romance so, isn't it named for beach resort billboard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Net, I just love Paul Campbell too and Gridley. Gridley taught the Mayfield's so much about life, after all he was Triple Threat. And I love Tricia in Finding Christmas, one of my movies I watch on a regular basis from my DVR. I think they will be great together. It is awesome how much publicity it seems Summer Nights is getting. Lots of shows are on break in the summer so I hope Hallmark is successful in getting more people to watch. Such a Happy FriYay here for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you adore "Gridley" in "Surprised by Love" as much as I do, Sabrina!!! I think he definitely impacted the Mayfield's and all of us who watched at home to open up our hearts a little more! What a grand, beautiful character! Now, that is definitely one Hallmark movie -- I would LOVE to see do a sequel - IF ONLY they can get the original cast to return!!!

      By the way, I'm also loving all the "Summer Nights" Hallmark movie news! "Here comes the Sun!" Bring on Summer... Love it!!! :)

      Delete
  4. I saw on Tricia's twitter her picks on the set, and it looks like Scott Elrod is in this movie. If anyone watches The Young & The Restless, he was Joe on the soap, and it was sad when he left, he is a looker. It looks like they are having fun on the set, her and Paul too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you shared that, Sabrina. Love all the set pics, and little glimpse at the movie making magic! I shared a couple set shots above! Have you seen any with Sadie, yet? I noticed she hasn't mentioned it, yet, on her twitter or instagram.

      Anyway, looks like a beautiful location to shoot a movie in Cancun, Mexico. Hallmark is really branching out in their filming locations. Would love to see them be able (if tax laws are changed) to film more in the United States.

      Filming, however, these movies, looks like a fun vacation for the actors -- like it was for those in "Destination Wedding," which filmed in Acapulco, Mexico.

      Delete
    2. Net -- I have been following this movie for the last couple of weeks (I was hot on the trail of it even during pre-production, before I found out that Paul and Tricia were in it, but they made themselves known right away -- as soon as production began).

      Here is a photo that includes Sadie -- https://www.instagram.com/p/BU-J7UoFmq3/?taken-by=paulcampbell2017

      And Sadie herself mentioned the movie here -- https://www.instagram.com/p/BVIeDhqhYbs/?taken-by=legitsadierob


      I followed "Countdown to Love" with Jen Lilley, Jason Cermak and Gidget the Dog through its entire shoot too (still not sure where that one will end up although it really seems like a Hallmark movie -- I know that What's Filming said that it's a Hallmark movie, but that is what was assumed at first, when we first discovered the actors in the movie).

      I have sort of lightly been following Trevor Donovan's current movie shoot for "A Runaway Romance."

      I followed Cindy Busby and Travis Milne's shoot for "Runaway Christmas Bride," etc.

      Cindy Busby and Kevin McGarry have recently been filming a movie called "The Ranch" for MarVista.


      (And by the way, this is the real Sherry In California -- not that bogus impostor!! I just didn't have a chance to email you first to let you know I would be posting, but I wanted to show you the photo with Sadie. I'm not going to be posting again here for a while, so if anyone else pops up and claims to be me, they are lying. This is it for now! Hope all is well!)

      Delete
    3. Wonderful to hear from you, Sherry! Those are fun "set" pics, especially the one with all three cast members that Paul Campbell shared!

      There are lots of projects certainly "in the works" and loads of rumors here and there! It's a fun time, isn't it? Especially with Christmas around the corner!!!

      I've been following Cindy Busby, too, and I'm excited to see where her new projects end up! I think it's interesting that both Cindy Busby and Kevin McGarry are from the UP series "Heartland" and will be starring in "The Ranch" together. (Hope Lou doesn't get jealous! Ha!)

      I'm also so glad to see Jen Lilley ("A Dash of Love") in another project that looks (hopefully!) to be for Hallmark! I'm sure you've also seen that Lee Majors (The Six Million Dollar Man) and Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman) will be in it, too! Many fans are super excited about it.

      As for "A Runaway Romance" with Trevor Donovan, it will also star Danielle Chuchran, who was in "Love Finds You in Charm" with Trevor. This new movie is also being made for UP!

      Again, so great to hear from you, Sherry! I love seeing the passion in your writing for TV movies!!! :)

      I wish you all the best!!! And, be sure to stop back by anytime, my movie friend!!!

      Blessings!!! Net :)

      Delete
    4. Joyce in CarolinaFriday, June 16, 2017

      Hey Sherry! Good to see your post today! We all miss you too! Come on back!

      Delete
    5. Thanks for those extra insights, Net, for Runaway Romance. I wish Danielle Chuchran would do a Hallmark movie. She'd be great on there.

      Delete
    6. I remember Scott Elrod on Y&R! It'll be extra fun to seem him in this! Wonder what role he'll play? Tricia's ex or current guy, who is certain to be the wrong guy for her!

      xoxo, Em

      Delete
    7. Net, do you think UP will start making more movies like they used to? I loved all of the "Linds Finds You" movies.

      Happy to see Trevor Donovan with Danielle Chuchran again!!!!!!

      Delete
    8. That is an excellent question. I know UP has several projects in the works and several NEW Christmas movies, too! They are experimenting with new series, as well, like "Date My Dad" which has many well known stars from Hallmark. (Barry Watson, Cindy Busby, Matty Finochio, Karen Holness, Lisa Durupt, Lochlyn Munro, etc...)

      As for new movies, I am hopeful we will see more on UP - coming UP!!! :)

      Delete
    9. Net -- Thank you for the kind words. And, a big hello to Amy G., too! :)

      I don't necessarily love some of the movies. I don't watch every movie on every channel (for example, I probably will not watch "A Runaway Romance" or "The Ranch"). I like specific movies, and some I just don't have time to watch, nor do they look interesting to me.

      My main thing is that I like the challenge of trying to figure things out before they become widely known. I am good at connecting dots, putting puzzle pieces together, following hunches, instincts and clues, etc., and I like figuring out which movies are filming (even if they have not been announced), who is in the movies, for which networks those movies are being made, etc. It's like a treasure or scavenger hunt using just basic, accessible-to-everyone info, I guess you could say. I like the process of the 'detective work.' That's what it boils down to. It just so happens that the info I find and assemble about these TV movies is sometimes of interest to others -- TV movies are a hot topic right now.

      So, to that end, of course I knew about Lindsay and Lee in "Countdown to Love" -- early on in filming! I knew about Danielle being in Trevor Donovan's movie -- though Ioana helped me identify her (about one week ago or so) because I didn't know Danielle's last name.

      And last night I found that Autumn Reeser is going to be in "A Bramble House Christmas" (her name was not on your site with that movie listing, last time I checked prior to today). The info about her casting had actually been up on social media since June 2nd, apparently, but I did not see it until last night (Friday). Instantly I shared the post from June 2nd and then sent Autumn's name to What's Filming. I then thought to myself, "I wonder how long it will take for this to get to Net's site." Sure enough, Autumn's name was on your site today, with the Bramble House listing! LOL Word travels fast!

      I was almost as thrilled to see Autumn's name connected to an upcoming movie as I was to see Paul Campbell in "Sun, Sand and Romance." (Paul had been gone from Hallmark slightly longer than Autumn, so there was a bit more time to miss him in the movies -- and his humor, ability to improvise and comedic timing are such a breath of fresh air on the channel.) I said last night that we got Paul back, and we are getting Autumn back. Now we have to get Jesse Hutch and Jonathan Scarfe back too! Come back, Jesse and Jonathan! Come back!

      I usually post/share most of my findings elsewhere, or I just keep them quiet until I have more info, or have more time to spend on sleuthing (which is not always possible to do) -- and that is only if Hallmark has not already given us all of the pertinent info about a movie, which sometimes they will do. If they give out the info, there is no mystery to solve and it's on to the next movie!

      I also send a lot of cast info and other tidbits to What's Filming. So I always chuckle when I see the Anonymous posts here on your page, from people reporting casting info that I gave to What's Filming! LOL

      Anyway, as long as there are movie mysteries to solve, I will try to solve them whenever I can!

      Have a great weekend, everyone!

      Sherry in CA

      Delete
    10. Oh yes, it’s so fun to look for new movies (and clues!) on-line through social media and various sources! With the numerous TV movies being currently made, in production, & upcoming… it seems I always have news pouring in on a daily basis!

      As time permits, I also love to scoop out what movie is coming next, but as you know, I also like to confirm those findings with Hallmark, UP, INSP, etc... giving them the proper time to send out their press releases, etc…

      Also, I wanted to thank you, Sherry… I’ve heard through the grapevine that you have shared several of my recent postings and findings on Facebook! Thank you so much!!!

      Blessings to you, Net

      Delete
  5. Joyce in CarolinaFriday, June 16, 2017

    Glad to see Tricia back....big fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even better to have Paul Campbell back since its been so long!

      Delete
  6. The "Summer Nights" movies look amazing! It seems like Hallmark movies keep getting better and better (with a few exceptions - I couldn't even finish watching "All for Love," though many others have said how much they liked it!) I also love on location filming and all three of the actors in this movie. Yay! P.S. Loved reading your post Sherry in California!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super excited to see Paul Campbell is back making Hallmark movies and making us laugh! I've heard some Hallmark actors are making movies back to back, but that's usually up in Canada. Since they are filming this in Mexico, it seems the chances of Paul filming a Christmas Hallmark movie right after might not be as likely. At least, he's back on Hallmark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Sherry from CA, I'm missing your brilliant, informative, funny, fiery posts for such a long time now and I'm praying all is well with you!! Hope you'll be back soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three cheers for this awesome casting! Paul Campbell came out of nowhere and we instantly loved him in Window Wonderland. Once Upon a Holiday was a bit slow, but we overlooked that. Surprised by Love was Paul again at his finest. Not sure where this one will rank since Paul's performances in WW and Surprised will be hard to top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More movies with John Newton and Victor Webster

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net