Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Monday, February 27, 2017

Hallmark Announces Premiere Date for Spring Fling Movie "Like Cats and Dogs"



(Images via: Hallmark Crown Media)

Hallmark Press Release:
"STUDIO CITY, CA – February 27, 2017 – We may associate April 15 with the nerve-fraying anxiety of Tax Day in the US. However, this April 15 falls on a Saturday, which can mean just one thing: a stress-free Saturday evening enjoying a romantic comedy on Hallmark Channel. Cassidy Gifford (“The Gallows,” “God’s Not Dead”) and Wyatt Nash (“Graves,” “The Bridge”) star in “Like Cats And Dogs,” a Hallmark Channel Original Movie, premiering Saturday, April 15 (9 p.m. ET/PT).

In “Like Cats And Dogs,” Lara (Gifford) is a dog lover, while Spencer (Nash) is a cat lover. Spencer and Lara could not be more different. So when Go BnB lands them – and their pets – in the same lake house vacation rental over summer, they will have to figure out a way to get along without killing each other. There are complications: Spencer is in a relationship with Susan, though he is constantly questioning where the relationship is going. Lara is rebounding from a bad breakup and not open to any new romantic possibilities. This particular summer, in the quaint waterfront town of South Haven, a budding friendship will give way to peace and harmony in the house between both the couple and their pets. Can a summer romance be far behind?

“Like Cats And Dogs” is a Front Street Production. Harvey Kahn is Executive Producer. Ron Oliver directs “Like Cats And Dogs” from the screenplay written by Aaron Mendelsohn with revisions by Ron Oliver."


My take...
This sounds like another "purr-fectly cute" Spring movie for Hallmark! Any movie with the addition of cats and dogs, is always a plus! Should be fun to see Cassidy Gifford star in her own Hallmark movie and it's nice to see the return of Wyatt Nash on Hallmark, since starring in Karen Kingsbury's "The Bridge."

Now... What do you think? Is this something you'll be watching come Spring Fling on Hallmark?

8 comments:

  1. I'll be watching!

    Reason No. 1: I loved the "pet theme" that got started with "My Boyfriends' Dogs" and "The Nine Lives of Christmas." I think it's really fun that they are continuing this theme in their movies, and it connects really well with their Kitty Sports events that promote pet adoption throughout the year.

    Reason No. 2: I pretty much tune into anything Hallmark or Hallmark Mysteries and Movies has to offer - especially when compared to the rest of television's and digital's offerings.

    I'm taking an opportunity here to comment on the preference that a lot of viewers communicated this year for Hallmark Mystery's Christmas movies over the regular channel's movies. My preference: both! To me, it's a discussion of It's a Wonderful Life (Hallmark Mysteries) versus Christmas in Connecticut (Hallmark Channel). I don't want all my Christmas movies to be serious and deep; nor do I want all my Christmas movies to be frothy. I want both throughout the season!

    I thought the marketing for the two channels during the Christmas season was excellent. "Heart-felt drama" for one, and "romantic comedy" for the other. I knew exactly what I was getting when I tuned into each channel. Maybe everyone's "preference" discussion just rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm glad that Hallmark takes the approach that they do with the two channels. I get the perfect blend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching. I greatly enjoy movies with dogs or other animals in them so I'm loving Hallmark's dog (and cat) themed spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry In CaliforniaMonday, February 27, 2017

    I wanted to give a shout out to Ioana (my assistant in sleuthing!). I did not mention this detail here on this site -- or anywhere publicly -- because we did not have any solid proof (like a photo to use as evidence), but she actually had it figured out last week that Wyatt Nash is in this movie. (I mentioned it to Lori M. and Lisa C. last week, so they know I am telling the truth!)

    I just couldn't mention Wyatt here until we saw some sort of proof, and it turns out that the official word on the movie came in from Hallmark before we got the photographic proof we were looking for.

    But... I tip my hat to Ioana, because she figured out Wyatt's involvement and she was right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love all animals, but I'm a cat person and I feel like we don't get quite as much representation! Can't wait for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sarah. The only thing I love more than Hallmark are my cats (and my husband), the sweet things they are. So happy to see more movies with cats :)

      Delete
  5. Like Cats and Dogs (TV Movie)
    Cat owners and dog owners are often very different types of people. This couldn’t be more true with Spencer and Lola. Spencer is in town to meet an online date and Lola is in the same town to escape reality for a little while. Thanks to a booking mishap, the 2 strangers find themselves forced the share the same vacation rental house. If that weren’t enough, Spencer’s cat and Lola’s dog are joining them too. Although their guards are up and the situation is not ideal, all 4 find a way to make it work, and a romance eventually transpires.

    Like Cats and Dogs was announced alongside 2 other dog-themed movies, Walking the Dog and Love at First Bark, during this year’s TCA press tour. Walking the Dog filmed on Vancouver Island during late 2016 while Love at First Bark just wrapped up at the beginning of February. The announcement was no surprise after the huge success of Unleashing Mr. Darcy which premiered during Hallmark’s 2016 Winterfest campaign; the film drew 3 million total viewers during its premiere alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did watch it. To me, it as a very predictable movie. I had hoped for more acting from Ms. Gifford but felt that her performance was lacking passion, fire. She seems to be a very sweet woman playing a sweet woman - perhaps that means there is no acting. I'd like to see fire, passion, willing to argue and fight for her right to be there. Perhaps sh will surprise us in her next movie.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net